Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

Easter is one of those holidays that always reminds me of my mother and grandmother. Easter egg hunts, nibbling the ears off enormous white chocolate Allen bunnies, Sunday best, long, boring church service in Polish. My grandparents didn't speak polish. We aren't Polish. It was just the closest Catholic church to their house.

Every year at Easter, my mom would give me a stuffed rabbit. I still have my favourite one, and now Ezra has adopted him. He calls him Petes. I don't know what's up with the plural. I asked him if he meant "Peach" and he said: No mom, peach is a fruit. Sorry. It's Petes. Got it. Ezra sleeps with Petes every night. Only, he does not snuggle the rabbit. The rabbit is placed inside a suitcase, which Ezra sleeps with. Should I be worried?

This weekend there was no church service (sorry grandma!), but we did get out to celebrate spring. Here are a few shots of Ezra with his friends at the farm searching for eggs. They raised some beautiful oat grass as well upon which to rest a hatching chick. As you can see from the photo, Ezra is much more focused on liberating a chocolate egg from its foil. Can you blame him?

Warm spring greetings,

S.





No comments:

Post a Comment